Friday, April 6, 2012

A heart full of love


Big Daddy attended a conference in Park City last week.  Little Man & Tiny Toes took up residence downstairs in my bedroom.  I loved reading stories to them in my own bed rather than in the upstairs hall between their two bedrooms.  I also really loved seeing this...





Count 'em: 1 San Francisco Giants Pillow Pet under head; 1 plush puppy; 2 plush unicorns; 1 Bull bear from the last AHA conference Chicago. 

I really love what this girl brings to our family.  There is almost an endless stream of secret valentines from her (usually at night when she is supposed to be sleeping!).  The transfer to our neighborhood school was not smooth this year for her at the beginning, but now that she has the right teacher, she is blossoming.  She is more conscientious than she's ever been about her work and we couldn't be more pleased with her grades/work.

She is still happy being a "little" girl and 4th grade is now full of those and (practically) budding women, too.  To try and help preserve the her sweet innocence and among other reason, we read the scriptures every night as well as The Friend and even sometimes the New Era.  We've been studying the Doctrine and Covenants/Church History for the last several weeks and it is really fun to see her thumb through the hymn book on Sunday checking out dates and familiar names of composers and lyricists (or poets as they were).  

In just about 10 weeks, she will be 10. My heart aches for that pudgy, chubby-cheeked baby,

 but not until I realized how much I love this little lady she's become.