What is your "brand"? (and by the way I hate that word along with "timeless", "pop of color", "grow your business", "on trend", "trade up", "fashion forward", "baby bump" and my all time least favorite, "it is what it is"). But seriously, what are we putting out there and not just for "them" but for us? Are we silly? Are we harried? Are we confident with who we are, what we are doing and how we spend our time? Do we express that? Are we taking the time to express ourselves in an intelligent manner? Frankly, it takes me so long sometimes to come up with words that I've stopped "talking" so much on my blog and have just been attempting to make sure I'm updating (more for me than anyone so I don't forget about this time -- or at least the times I have my camera). It has been said the printing press made readers out of everyone and now the internet makes publishers out of everyone. What are we publishing?
A friend sent me a link about forgiveness she found helpful. The link was of a very cute and eloquent blog; however, the post was about the day she discovered her husband had not been faithful (and I can safely say neither the friend nor I have had that particular problem). Although it was very interesting and engaging to read the story, her feelings and how she overcame and is overcoming that ordeal, I couldn't help but wonder... now the whole world knows her husband made that mistake and they will always know that. [When I first clicked on the blog, I was flooded with beautiful images of a very happy, attractive family; however, after I read the post, I found I saw the husband differently. I went back to look through the pictures posted from the time his behavior was still unknown. I tried to see dishonesty in his face.] I wonder if that was fair of her to post that? He certainly had not been fair to her, but it begs the question of a cost benefit analysis. Is the gain of strangers and friends perhaps identifying with her greater than the loss of such a personal experience being exposed. Forever?
So, I go back to my first question, how are we portraying ourselves? With everything we know about where we've been, where we are and where we are going, what are we saying about it? What are we saying about how we really feel about it? Should we say more about it? I'm asking myself just as much as I am asking you. I wonder if the hours I've spent on this blog have been worth the time? I can count the seeds in the apple (the time I've spent), but I just hope the apples from the seeds (the results) were somehow more beneficial than they were wasteful or frivolous or meaningless. My life certainly isn't meaningless and I suppose I need to make sure everyone knows that if they don't already.