On Friday, we cleaned up the leaves all over from the tornadic (I just wanted to say tornadic) storms last Tuesday. Big Daddy cleaned out and re-routed two rain gutters. He brought over some of the debris for a picture (think Tom Hanks on SNL: "this milk smells terrible! here, smell it! smell it!").
And then there was me... sitting back supervising like a good manager should (just kidding, I was catching my breath after raking the blasted leaves -- I am no spring chicken)
And then there was the endless fun in the soon to be buried drain pipe (why do we even bother buying real toys)...
more stuff dug out of the drain pipe (smell it, no seriously smell it!)
The best part? The wind blew all night and when we woke up you'd hardly know we raked up 2 bags of leaves (not to mention the 3 bags I filled Tuesday BEFORE the storm). BTW, do you like that old school ghetto swing on the left? I'm very surprised the HOA hasn't called us on it yet. Let's hope they don't until Big Daddy has time to engineer a REAL swing from that tree... watch for it.
Now, if we could just finish this drought so we can go back to watering the lawn and adding some sod...