Friday, September 26, 2008

Some Big Conversations with Little Man

Little Man and I have some time in between my crossing guard duty and the beginning of preschool each morning -- we visit for about 20 minutes in the car.

Somehow Jesus came up and Little Man asked me if Jesus had "owies". I said yes and he became upset and sad expressing that he didn't want Jesus to have owies. He felt very comforted when I told him the owies were all better and that Jesus received the owies because He loved us.

Little Man was expressing a desire for a particular toy. I said that Santa is now accepting letters. He asked me if I would help him write a letter to Santa. It was so sweet and innocent.

Big Daddy grew the goatee while we lallygagged in Utah this summer. The kids were surprised to see the facial hair back when we returned. Big Daddy shaved it all off last Sunday morning and Little Man thought that meant we could go back and visit family in Utah and he would grow the goatee again while we were gone.

Grandma C sent a super terrific scrapbook chronicling Big Daddy's life thus far. It is a beautiful book and the kids have really enjoyed it as well as Big Daddy. Anyway, Little Man asked if I still had a binky around. I reminded him that his last binky fell in the toilet (well over a year ago). I pointed to the final scrapbook page where he is a baby in the 2005 Pioneer Day Children's Parade. He expressed a desire to be that baby once again -- I said I missed that baby sometimes, too.

The fleet. We have to be very careful about these and can't move them. If we have to vacuum, we'd better put them back just so! :)

The hideout. Our love seat and sofa form an "L" shape (Big Daddy's real big on the "circling the wagons" design effect). Anywho, we have blankets over all our furniture to protect it from all the knarly cat claws. Little Man hides in the corner of the "L" -- that is his hideout.

Looks like six more weeks of Fall.