Flash forward 14 years: I felt obligated to get some sort of job once Little Man headed off to preschool -- but there are not many jobs available 4days/week for 2.5 hours/day. So I asked for a new pair of running shoes, dusted off the pedometer and pulled out the music. Now I'm running again (OK jogging, ok, walking briskly). It's great. Forget the summer of George, this is the winter of Rosemary. :)
Some notes on Little Man & Tiny Toes for family members west of the 100th meridian and beloved friends.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
SERENITY NOW!
It's been 14 years since I last ran on a regular basis. I was in terrific shape in 1994. I would walk from my job in the American Towers over to the Anatomy Academy at the Triad Center, go home, eat dinner, do aerobics or the stationary bike and then run. OK, so there was a little Activity-based anorexia in there, but nothing dangerous.
Flash forward 14 years: I felt obligated to get some sort of job once Little Man headed off to preschool -- but there are not many jobs available 4days/week for 2.5 hours/day. So I asked for a new pair of running shoes, dusted off the pedometer and pulled out the music. Now I'm running again (OK jogging, ok, walking briskly). It's great. Forget the summer of George, this is the winter of Rosemary. :)
Flash forward 14 years: I felt obligated to get some sort of job once Little Man headed off to preschool -- but there are not many jobs available 4days/week for 2.5 hours/day. So I asked for a new pair of running shoes, dusted off the pedometer and pulled out the music. Now I'm running again (OK jogging, ok, walking briskly). It's great. Forget the summer of George, this is the winter of Rosemary. :)