Some good friends who have now moved away are getting ready to put their house up for sale. They asked me if I would be willing to go make over a spot in their front yard before pictures are taken...
BEFORE:
AFTER:
As I walked home I looked at my own yard and thought I'd take some pictures. It's not nearly what my mom could do, but it's the most I've been able to do since we've moved here...
BEFORE:
tomatoes, egg plant, corn, chard, and squash...
BEFORE:
AFTER:
peppers, parsley and chard
Here are some other pics... there is corn along the driveway, cukes under the crepe myrtle, more peppers under the Japanese maple, and strawberries in the terracotta planters. There are beans, watermelon, squash, carrots and lettuce sprouting on the deck waiting for one more garden on the north side to be prepared by big daddy. It will look just like the tomato garden but on the other side of the air conditioners. By the way, I painted the deck about a month ago... well worth the can of paint!
The next big project after the June garden? Grass. I want to just throw down some seed, but Big Daddy has an extreme make over in mind. Did someone say Utah? Yes, while we are in Utah. And one more thing... our fence has never been stained. We looked into restoration which would be very affordable, but get this, you have to strip the wood first with bleach. I have just been sick to my stomach thinking about trying to dig up my corn along the driveway and my little corner garden under the fence sign for this in June which is when said restoration would occur. Would you risk your garden by pulling it all out and potting it for a day or two or just live with a lousy fence until after growing season?
