Last night was open house. Tiny Toes picked out a fancy frock and shifted right into cruise director mode. Not only did we get to see all of the projects she's been working on, but we dropped in to see the coach and music & art teachers. The highlight for Tiny Toes was the 5th Grade Wax Museum. Each 5th grader researches a historical figure and writes and memorizes a short biography. The night of open house they dress up like that person and stand on their desk. As you walk around you touch their toes and they tell you about themselves. You'll see Tiny Toes wanted to take a picture of her favorite 5th grader that we really love.
We are so proud of Tiny Toes and I especially enjoy seeing how much pleasure she finds in going to school (I don't remember feeling very excited about school until my last couple of years of college). Everyday she comes home and sits in front of our whiteboard to teach Little Man and me everything she learned that day. What a good example for her brother.
Speaking of her brother, he was excruciatingly bored and borrowed the camera -- his photos can be seen bordering the collage. He's pretty good I think (I love the shoe shots)!!

