Today began so early for a Saturday that it ought to have broken some commandment somewhere. I had to be a few miles away with two kids by 7:45.
OK, we got to the DI tourny by 8:00 (Although we had to run in the arctic wind and by the time we entered the warm building, I found myself drenched in sweat)
and I was thrilled (I also wasn't the last one there which helps when the last one arrives so I can give them that "gosh, where the heck have you been?" look even thought I may have beaten them in by just a millisecond). ;)
There was lots of "hurry up and wait"ing -- not my favorite thing when I'm tired and the kids are acting up because they are tired, too. But we made it and the kids did fantastic.
Next, we headed to McDonald's for some run around time while I attempted to polish off the latest book I'm reading (it is a weight loss memoir and it's terrific, but it has a swear (pun) in the title so I'm leaving it off).
From there we headed up to the soccer fields where it was so cold Little Man hid under a blanket for the entire game. The girls had a hard time running in such a frigid, biting wind but they put up a good fight.
Are we there yet? Not quite... Are we having fun yet? You bet.
Back to the Sr. High for the awards ceremony. We are the only one's who made it back. My co-manager's daughter was sick and they both felt bad her little one didn't make it there for the competition.
Are we there yet? Not quite... Are we still having fun? You bet (because we are about to undergo a bit of retail therapy)!
I needed a hooded trench from Target. I've been stalking it for a few weeks now. In the past couple of weeks I have been walking around with windburned cheeks and terrible tornado-tossed hair. I need a hood -- I hope it helps (otherwise I will have no excuse for overly-rosey cheeks and flat, lifeless hair).
We had invited a friend over this evening so his folks could enjoy a night out. I knew I'd need a distraction for my kids as well. It's working. (Ahhhhhh) However, before I could sit down to type this post, I enjoyed a surprise visit from Buzz Lightyear, Mr. Incredible and the Queen of Spain. The Queen of Spain could not persuade Mr. Lightyear or Mr. Incredible to dance with her, so I did the honors and engaged her in a waltz. It was lovely.
Now I'm logging off to iron and get everyone to bed. Stake Conference comes early tomorrow morning. And as they say, there's no rest for the wicked...