Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tulips and Talks


Tiny Toes delivered a Primary talk today in her new tulip frock. Mom wrote the talk that was about 1000 words initially and Dad whittled it down to a more appropriate length.

Topic: The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to them.

The scripture teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The scriptures teach us how to return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. In Mosiah, we learn that we should believe in and love God even if we can't see him. In John 14 we learn that Jesus will make it possible for us to live with Heavenly Father and our families forever. John 3 teaches us that Jesus was sent to earth to die on the cross for our sins and if we believe in Him, we will have everlasting life. If we believe in Jesus, we will follow the commandments, read our scriptures, repent, be baptized and pray. In Moroni 7, we learn that "...if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God." I read the scriptures every night with my family. The scriptures have taught me how to be a good person and to be kind to other people. I know if I follow the example of Jesus, my family and I can live together forever with Heavenly Father.

Good job Tiny Toes! Karl did a great job of being reverent in Primary as well!!