Thursday, June 7, 2012

A mini vacation to the mall of all places

Our afternoon getaway is the club pool down the street.  We love it... unless it's raining.  Today we thought we'd go to a movie, but since the kids don't get out of their summer enrichment program (voluntary summer school) until noon, we'd miss the early bird pricing.  They don't attend on Friday, so we decided to go tomorrow.  So what to do today?  I asked Big Daddy what kind of lunch he wanted to eat and finally he told me what he really wanted to do was buy "a bunch of Avenger legos" at the lego store.  So off to the mall we went.

We ate...




Rode the carousel (I do fun things at the first of the month after payday)...


Went to the Lego Store...

And then I took Tiny Toes to Justice.  Everything was 40% off.  I am not SUPER fond of that store, but we have bought some cute stuff there (which is even cuter at 40% off).  We took about 10 items into the dressing room and she really like some of the skorts and some of the shirts but in the end, she took a maxi skirt.  She felt the skorts were a little too short at the flashdance tops (you know, the boxy off the shoulder tee layered over the tank top) weren't appropriate -- her words, not mine.  I really could not have been more proud of her that she was so careful about buying only the most modest of clothes.  Love this girl.

Then we headed to the Apple store...


is that the wallet making its appearance?  yes, Big Daddy is the proud new pappa of a shiny new iPad 2.  And good for him, this man RARELY spends money on anything for himself and I was happy to see him lugging the lego bag around full of toys for him as well as his new apple toy) I doubt I'll ever see it -- I'm 4th in line to play with it and that is alright with me.  I'm patiently waiting for the iPhone 5.

We ended the day at the new See's Store!  YAY!  See's in Texas all year round now and not just at Christmastime.  Chocolate butters anyone?