First cucumber in 40 years (Big Daddy told me take the picture before washing it to prove it indeed came from the garden).
At the top of the stairs, between the kids' bedrooms, I have an old laundry basket full of Friend magazines. Every night we read a little from the Friend and then also from the scriptures. I love the submissions from Friends around the world about their own experiences with choosing the right. Over the years, there have been several entries about appropriate music. Flashback about 6 months ago, I really liked a song on the radio. We don't really listen to the radio since we can plug our ipod into the van's sound system, but I did really like this one song and they were playing it all over the place -- it was upbeat and catchy. Then I started to listen to the lyrics and looked them up. Sure enough -- they were singing what I thought they were singing. The next time it came on the radio, I turned the station and we began a discussion about lyrics. Flash forward to Wednesday at school. This song was being played at a school assembly and Little Man reported to his teachers that he didn't feel good having the song on. They explained that it was the "kidsbop" version and so the bad words weren't in it (I would beg to differ -- if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...). I was sooooo proud of him for standing up for what he felt was right and following his conscience. I did check the kidsbop edit today and sure enough, they do switch out the trashy lyrics although the new ones don't make very much sense, but anyway, he took a stand and for that we are so proud!
Tiny Toes is sure we need to submit a story of our own now and I agree.
