Wednesday, December 21, 2011

School Christmas Parties

I attended the school parties this year.  I am Little Man's room mother which is why there are more pictures of his party (and 4th graders don't really tolerate photog mom's like 2nd graders will)...
Friday also (hopefully) was the last day of my crossing guard subbing job at a neighboring elementary school.  After 10 days I learned that 2 miles can make an extraordinary difference in neighborhoods and I was thankful I didn't live in that one.  At this crosswalk, I had parents honk at me, yell at me, almost hit me vying for their spot in line,  drop their kids off IN the crosswalk (and then proceed to drive away while I stood in the street with my STOP sign held high above my head), speed, and almost NOT stop because they were on the phone (yes, that is illegal in the school zones) and my all time favorite -- parents in cars STOPPING and camping in the crosswalk, blocking the intersection, to keep incoming cars from a side street from budding in front of them in line despite numerous signs asking them not to do so.  It was bizarro world for sure and I was thankful to leave it behind.