Today I get it and I love it even more. Thanks 1993 me -- you were on to something (although I'm glad you didn't quit your day job to pursue art).
Some notes on Little Man & Tiny Toes for family members west of the 100th meridian and beloved friends.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
My ME phase...
Somewhere between 1992 and 1994, I went through a heavy phase of all things Mary Englebright and quoting -- just about anything that sounded good. During that time, I was also into sketching, watercoloring and then finishing the whole thing off with a felt-tip pen... this (see below) was one of my crowning acheivements and I just found it the other day. When I did this, I'm not sure I even knew exactly who Thoreau was or what it meant, but I liked the way it sounded. 
Today I get it and I love it even more. Thanks 1993 me -- you were on to something (although I'm glad you didn't quit your day job to pursue art).
Today I get it and I love it even more. Thanks 1993 me -- you were on to something (although I'm glad you didn't quit your day job to pursue art).