This morning we were running late by about 10 minutes which meant we wouldn't have time to stop at Starbucks and get everyone some hot chocolate to help ease us back into the world. At about 6:45 AM, I asked the fam if anyone would mind if I said a quick prayer. I don't usually pray in the car, but I felt compelled thinking the four of us needed a little extra heavenly help through the day when we'd had so much fun snuggling through the ice last week. After I dropped Big Daddy off and the kids off, did my crossing guard duty, I took my violin over to a practice room at the college to get my practicing done while Big Daddy finished teaching his morning classes. My cell phone rang. It was my middle sister. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as she told me our big sister had had a heart attack this morning. I immediately wanted to be there but couldn't be.
It turns out the heart attack was quite massive. She will be sedated for at least 24 hours. I am glad we have such a wonderful family who is in Utah to support us and love us, but it sure is frustrating to be here and not be able to do a darn thing...