Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Readjusting

The last couple of weeks, the kids have been sick on and off. In addition, I'm learning how to be a violin student again which takes more discipline than I remember. Today Tiny Toes is home getting over a cold and Little Man is totally side-lined with a miserable ear infection which greeted us at 12:30 this morning (last week it was the stomach flu). I've never dealt with a monster like this, but I've heard of them. The pain rocked him right out of his blissful sleep and half awake he was screaming with fear that the doctor would have to cut his ear off in order to make it better (he thought I said "ear egg" instead of ear ache and was sure the eggs would need to be extracted. painfully. Here are some other declarations...

"I don't want to be me anymore! It hurts too bad!"

"This pain is NEVER going to go away! I just know it!"

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to barf because of this!"


Poor guy. Big Daddy is out right now procuring prescriptions. There's always this time of year where it takes a good month to be better and we are anxiously waiting for that time!!

I am working on my weight. I've been pretty consistent with the Wii Fit, but I realized I eat pretty much all the time for every reason under the sun. I just finished this book and am trying to following the guidelines below:


• Eat when you are hungry.
• Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
• Eat without distractions (includes radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music).
• Eat what your body wants.
• Eat until you are satisfied.
• Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
• Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.