We've been watching Harry Potter. Tiny Toes has enjoyed reading it, so I've been getting the movies from the library. Little Man likes to watch, but also needs to sit close to Big Daddy and often worries about the lead character dying to which we remind him there are more movies to come with said character.
During stories at bedtime, Little Man often recounts experiences of the day and takes time to ask questions about events, etc... in other words, as I try to read stories to quiet him down, he tends to become quite talkative and interrupts every few words promising this will indeed be his last question.
Tonight, during the movie "death" was trying to take Harry Potter. Little Man is especially sensitive to death. I was as a child, but I figured that was because my father died when I was eleven and I was a bit traumatized. However, Little Man seems to be extra sensitive to mortality and it's apparent brevity.
While I was reading my last book (a very dry section from Annals of America -- it really puts them to sleep and I learn something!), he interupted to ask me about Heavenly Father, death and the after-life no doubt looking for some reassurance. After we discussed the "Plan of Salvation" as we believe it to be, he said "I wish I had a picture of Heavenly Father doing something so I could see what He looks like. I wish I could be right by Him so He could tell me how dumb those scary Harry Potter parts are." Almost immediately, Diary of a Wimpy Kid came to mind to which he stated, "that cheese touch thing is just a dumb game, huh?!! Wimpy Kid isn't real is it?" I assured him Wimpy Kid was not real and yes, the cheese touch thing is just a dumb game. ;)