Monday, November 23, 2009

Great Books

Last week I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I am not a fiction fan; however, I really enjoyed this charming tale in the form of correspondence (very well done). If you need a light and breezy read, go for it!

Over the weekend, since we were sick, I was able to read a book -- A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin. A very controversial comedienne, she will make you laugh, if you can edit the language in your head and cover your eyes at the right times! ;)

Now on to the history of our fair city that I borrowed from the librarian at the kids' school. I love knowing the history of where I live.

In addition, I am finishing up Secret Lives of the First Ladies. I love, love, love little-known facts that color historical figures into humans. And finally, I am browsing The Secret Life of Words because I LOVE etymology and why we say what we say.

Please let me know what you're reading!!