Little Man was assigned to give a talk in Primary (church) today. I'm never quite sure when he's going to be shy or not, so I wasn't sure how he'd react to standing in front of everyone with a microphone suddenly shoved in his face. But once again, he rose to the occasion; although he didn't talk very loud, he did repeat every word I whispered in his ear and didn't recoil once. This talk was a joint effort; Big Daddy wrote it and I helped Little Man deliver it. Here it is:
Faith in Jesus Christ
If ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true (Alma 32:21).
We have faith when we believe and trust in something we cannot see – Jesus.
What does it mean to have faith in Jesus Christ when we have not seen him? We read the scriptures, to learn about Him. We listen to the prophets to learn how to follow him. We pray in faith for help to choose the right knowing they will be answered. We listen to the Holy Ghost to feel Him close and to know He loves us.
How does our faith in Jesus Christ grow? When we believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, we plant true words of God in our hearts.
We have faith in Jesus Christ when we believe Him, trust Him, obey Him, and follow Him.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.