Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Let's bring it down a little people...

It is May 20. My father was born 76 years ago today. This is always a bittersweet time of year for me... just as the spring is in May's full bloom, I remember the last birthday we celebrated with my dad on May 20, 1983 because just 12 short days later, on June 1, he passed away of a massive heart attack.
I know he is busy where he is doing all the work that needs to be done and there is no doubt in my mind that I will see him again someday in a unfathomable heavenly reunion, but until then, I get a little wistful thinking of all the memories, events and occasions I've missed sharing with him. Although, in truth, I know he hasn't missed anything... I think he's been there all along sharing those special times with me in ways we don't yet understand.