Saturday, March 28, 2009

March is going, going...

This past week was super busy. My PTA position is only busy of few times each year and this week was one of those times. It was box tops collection time, so all week, each day, we were clipping and counting and bagging box tops! This spring we collected over 8,000 which is over $800 for our school!

Thursday night was our PE show. The theme was Toy Story and Tiny Toes played the part of some play dough. Her skit was by far the sweetest!


Friday was a busy day. In the morning, Little Man started his first Tae Kwon Do/Shui Huo Kung Fu class. His teacher gave me a shock right when we arrived -- she chided me for helping take off Little Man's shoes telling me he was a big boy and could do it himself... I love her already! This will be a good fit for him and we are excited.


After class, we had to run to a doctor's appointment for me for a minor "procedure"
which was slow and mostly painless. Bluck... In fact, the appointment ran so long, we didn't have time to dash home for lunch, so we picked up some take out and ran over to school for the final tallying of the box tops. While in the school, the sky opened for a major downpour! I did have to cross a few kids who decided to tough it out in the rain, but otherwise, we stayed dry in the car.

Today Big Daddy and I organized all the kids' toys -- I haven't really done that since last summer and we were due. It took us longer than we thought, but the house is clean, so we can all relax (hopefully) and enjoy our Sunday.

I've gotten everything done this month I wanted to except visiting teaching. No one was really available the week before spring break when I was and I certainly wasn't this past week. Hmmm...I think a batch of fudge is in order...