Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The (enjoyable) minutia of the day...

One trait I really admire about my kids is their ability to play with a particular toy and imagine it to be just about anything else than what it is (I'm not sure that made sense). Tiny Toes, especially, blows our minds with her active imagination and Little Man is happy to go along for the ride. J gave us some swords and they have been everything from rockets to pointers for reading words.

We are enjoying the weather and the wildlife. Today, and really everyday, I pass through a little grove where I jog/run/walk/limp/hobble which houses a preponderance of squirrels. These particular squirrels seem to enjoy running along side me; perhaps to taunt or rally... not sure, but it's fun. I start thinking I'm in a Disney movie as I take such pleasure at the sight of perky, pesky rodents (someday I just might belt out a song as I pass by).

Tiny Toes found a grasshopper on a fence today and was quite pleased to snap a picture...



And the swords...





Homework at the crosswalk...


A crossing guard impersonating Mom...


Chilling after school...


and catching butterflies...


And, as always, living the high life at Chick-fil-a for lunch with J-girl and J-man...


Now I'm off to iron. Did I mention I love to do this? Been excited about it all day -- it relaxes me...