President Hinckley often stressed our making the Book of Mormon part of our lives. He was 97 when he passed away, and we would like to celebrate his life and teachings by reading the Book of Mormon in 97 days.
I failed. I thought for sure I/we could finish reading The Book of Mormon by May. It didn't happen. What did Sister Hinckley say once? Something like, "I started a new Book of Mormon reading program 5 days ago and I'm only 5 days behind". Well, every night after storytime, I read the kids a little out of the Book of Mormon. Some nights it is a page, a half a page, or a few verses, and other times it is simply a verse I may have read the night before but forgot where I left off. I thought I'd carve out some time to read it on my own and catch us up, but I didn't do that either. Well we'll be done soon though. And when we do finish, it will be the second time the kids and I have read the entire book since spring of 2007, so I guess I didn't fail so much did I?
PS- A new challenge begins June 1!
http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/index.php