Sunday, December 9, 2007

weekend fun...

Friday night the kids played outside the in the 80 degree weather until it was dark. We had them in, drew a bath and Dad tried to make hair washing fun -- he succeeded.

Yesterday, we attended a baptism at our Stake building and continued the tradition of taking a picture in the tree in front of the building when we attend a baptism.

Catalina was then off to a birthday party, but first a digression.

When I was in 2nd grade, in the early eighties, my mother once walked into "back to school night" and was "mortified" (anyone who knows her can hear her say that) to see that the "favorite thing" I drew a picture of, tacked up in the hallway of William Penn Elementary next to the favorite things of my classmates, was "Dallas." I wanted to be Pam although my play alias was "Gina Christine". Rachel and I "played" Dukes of Hazzard from 7-8 (honking the horn and jumping around in a small van my father had with equipment in it) and then watched the scandalous soap Dallas at 8on Friday nights. When I have glanced at reruns of Dallas in the past few years I see how innocuous it was compared to what is on now, but nonetheless, it was still a bit mature for gradeschoolers. Yesterday, Catalina was invited to a birthday party a couple of miles from South Fork Ranch. We arrived a few minutes early, so I drove a couple of extra miles to take a peek at my onetime dream life... The signs all around said "no stopping or standing". Obviously I'm not the only one who has been drawn to the great SF Ranch.

We got Catalina to the party and Karl sat in the car a cried, so we took him in and let him have some fun.

It's off to church in rain and cold today!!